Powerful data can help manage transition cows
The success of fresh cows can determine the success of your dairy. But why do some transition programs yield success while others do not? And how do you know? With guidance from the Transition Cow Management Report (TCMR), your veterinarian can help you use data to evaluate the performance of your transition cow program. The TCMR uses four objective measures to rate your transition program performance:
- Transition Cow Index®-Daily (TCI-D®)
- First test fat% to protein% ratio (FPR)
- Linear score at first test date
- Percentage of fresh cows sold/died less than 60 days in milk (DIM)
With this data, you can:
- Identify new profit opportunities by getting cows to optimum performance
- Consistently monitor herd health from month to month
- Evaluate how on-farm decisions translate into lactation and health outcomes
- Protect Dairy Wellness by improving the health of your herd and your dairy business
Talk with your veterinarian about harnessing the power of the Transition Cow Management Report.
Transition Cow Index and TCI are registered trademarks of Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation.