Reduce copper sulfate in footbaths
If you’re looking to reduce copper sulfate use in your footbaths, HOOF-TEC™ footbath products, now from Zoetis, allow you to run more efficient footbaths by reducing copper sulfate use by up to 40%.* Better management of footbath pH levels will help you reduce the number of times you need to refresh your footbaths while also using less copper sulfate.
The Hoof-Tec footbath product line from Zoetis includes a variety of options for flexibility on dairy operations:
- HOOF-TEC 1000 Footbath Concentrate
- HOOF-TEC Complete®, an all-in-one footbath solution
- HOOF-TEC Copper-Shot Topical Spray, a footbath in a bottle
- HOOF-TEC Organic Footbath Concentrate, OMRI-certified, with the same benefits of HOOF-TEC 1000 Footbath Concentrate
- HOOF-TEC Organic Topical Spray, OMRI-certified, with the same management options as HOOF-TEC Copper-Shot Topical Spray
- HOOF-TEC Copper-Cutter Dry Mix and HOOF-TEC™ Copper-Free Dry Mix, powders to replace traditional copper sulfate
The HOOF-TEC product line is just one more opportunity for Zoetis to assist producers in achieving Dairy Wellness.
Footbaths key to Dairy Wellness
The Dairyland Initiative from the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, examines the impact of the housing environment on dairy cattle well-being. It notes that footbath protocols are an important part of hoof health. Maintaining a clean and dry foot environment and regular footbaths create an effective management protocol. The objective of footbaths is to remove erosive material from the hoof and to disinfect the skin above the hooves.
Best management practices for successful footbaths endorsed by The Dairyland Initiativeand other hoof experts are:
- Placing footbaths in a well-lit and ventilated area
- Using footbaths that are easy to clean and refill
- Situating footbaths in lanes so they don’t disrupt cow flow, especially out of the parlor
- Setting up footbaths on nonslip surfaces
- Keeping the footbath free of debris and at an effective pH level
Take proactive measures. Talk to your veterinarian about HOOF-TEC footbath products. Your veterinarian can provide the best knowledge and have access to leading industry resources, such as The Dairyland Initiative, which Zoetis sponsors veterinarian access to.
With products and expertise, you have the peace of mind that you’re doing something good for Dairy Wellness by reducing copper sulfate use in your footbaths.
*Based on traditional copper sulfate dosage rate of 5% of footbath volume. Copper sulfate dosage with HOOF-TEC™ 1000 Footbath Concentrate is reduced to a rate of 3% of footbath volume. The change in dosage results in a 40% reduction of copper sulfate use.