Signs your dairy needs a business plan
You might be thinking, “I have a plan, and it’s just collecting dust on my office shelf.” Or maybe you’re thinking, “I know planning is important, but it’s not the first thing we need at the dairy.”
How do you know when you need a plan? Review this list to determine whether your dairy is suffering challenges. If so, you might need a more concrete plan, and quickly, to rally everyone around the goals of the organization.
- I don’t know our top operational goals for the next three to five years.
- When I ask employees to describe the goals of the company for the next three to five years, everyone has a different answer.
- Employees aren’t performing at the level we expect.
- Our team isn’t meeting the goals of the dairy.
- We don’t know how to measure success.
- I feel overwhelmed thinking about the future of the business.
- We need to grow our business.
- Employees don’t understand their role in the organization’s success.
- Not everyone in the organization was part of a planning discussion.
- I don’t know what makes our organization unique in the marketplace.
- We aren’t seeing change in our organization.
- We have a plan on our shelf but have never implemented it.
The future of your dairy depends on how well you can resolve these challenges. Use this list as a checklist with your team to understand whether your dairy could benefit from strategic planning.
Your plan, a strategic plan that is carefully considered and implemented, can provide more than strong business results; it can make your dairy one of a kind. The planning activities can help you work collaboratively with your team. By getting everyone on the same page, you can see the big picture before diving into implementation.
This Labor Matters article from Dairy Today explains how strategic planning gives everyone a sense of purpose and direction. For more information on how our experts from PeopleFirst™ can help you create a plan, visit GrowPeopleFirst.com.