Which vaccines will help protect your herd’s future?
Is your herd protected during one of the most critical times — pregnancy? Vaccinating against reproductive diseases is one of the best ways to help maintain a healthy herd and help ensure a healthy reproductive program. Choosing the right vaccine for reproductive health is key.
To help ensure protection throughout pregnancy, take into account these tips for vaccine selection and programs:
- Vaccinate before cattle are pregnant, and select vaccines that are safe for use during pregnancy.
- Make sure dams are protected to help improve colostrum quality so newborn calves can fight off early infection.
- Consider duration of immunity (DOI). Choose vaccines that have a longer demonstrated DOI to help protect cattle during critical exposure periods when disease resistance is low and disease challenge is high.
- Consider vaccines that offer a Fetal Protection (FP) Guarantee. This extra confidence can go a long way in helping protect your herd.
Zoetis offers the FP Guarantee* for all of its reproductive FP vaccines. It guarantees:
- Calves are 100% BVD PI-free: This means that no calves will be born persistently infected (PI) with bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) virus.
- Help in preventing IBR abortion: Herds will be free of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) abortions, the leading cause of abortions in cows.
The choices for reproductive vaccines can seem endless. Don’t let it overwhelm you. Work with your veterinarian to choose the right vaccines that will help protect your cows’ pregnancies. And ask him or her about vaccines with the FP Guarantee.
*The Zoetis 100% BVD PI-Free Guarantee and the IBR Abortion Guarantee will be administered through Zoetis Veterinary Medical Information and Product Support (VMIPS) at 800-366-5288. Proof of purchase is required. Calves born to BVD PI-positive cows or heifers do not qualify for the guarantee. This guarantee does not apply to, and Zoetis shall not be liable for, any (x) damages caused as a result of the improper handling, misuse or abuse of the vaccines that are the subject of this guarantee, or the willful misconduct or negligence of any third party, or (y) any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages. Zoetis reserves the right to modify or cancel the terms and conditions of this guarantee.